Woo-hoo!!! The past few weeks have been crazy leading up to yesterday, and now I can breathe! The Primary Program for the Edmond 3rd Ward is over! Yesterday was THE day, and I have to say it went off without a hitch. I couldn't believe how smooth it went. I sat on the front row, just in case something went wrong I could jump up and save the day! But it was completely unnecessary. Not only were all of the kids prepared, but their messages were so touching and sweet. I don't think (at least of the women and most of the men) there was a dry eye in the building! I had seen it 4+ times, and it still put me in tears. And as a proud mom, I have to brag Brenna did GREAT! Here is her little speaking part (which she wrote): "I know I am a child of God because Heavenly Father made me and I am like Him". She was one of the few Sunbeams you could completely understand and didn't have a problem stepping up to the mic. Also, while she sang, she stood with her little arms folded, emphasizing every syllable of each song. It was too sweet.
I am SO grateful for such a supportive Presidency! I could not have managed this without them, especially with such a new baby. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! Now, onto the next project...Sharing time for next week! (And Brenna is giving her first talk in Primary)
5 comments:
I take it you're the Primary President?! Glad things went well. I love the primary programs.
You deserve a big prize for writing such an amazing program. Maybe you can write primary programs for the church and make millions and millions of dollars--
That last comment was from Chris....I want to say Thank-you one hundred time over. The program flowed so well and I have had 10 or more people tell me it was the best program they had ever been to. You did a great job.
Congrats...I bet planning for all those kids was super stressful. It sounds like the program was amazing. You are so talented.
That is a BIG job! I can't even imagine all that goes into something like that, except for that my sister was the prim. pres in a ward of 800 people and she was totally stressed. I will try to do the tag thing sometime in the next couple of days. Is it just 6 things about yourself, or is there a format?
Post a Comment