I have been tagged by my lady lover so I guess this is how she gets me to talk.
1. Corporate America and I don’t play well. I have been out of college now for 3 years and in that time I have worked for 5 different companies. Sitting in an office space and acting like things are interesting to me is unpleasant. Don’t get me wrong I get my work done, but I do it with little effort because I know that the reward at the end of the project is … another boring project.
2. I am still a kid at heart. There is still nothing more fun for me to do then play sports and be out on the town or visiting friends. I am always ready for the next exciting adventure. I love to use my free time playing dumb video games (that’s probably why Sarah hasn’t gotten me a Wii yet). I am like one of the young men at church every Wednesday night. They always come to me to tell me stories and laugh about things that they have done because they say I'm not a “Real Young Men’s Leader”
3. I am more outgoing in groups. This one drives Sarah crazy because I am a different person when we are in public settings. She says she like being out in public with me because I will actually talk to her. Things are always more fun when there is a group of people and or a captive audience. I love to make people laugh and feel good. I am a people pleaser. Just don’t put me in situations where people would get mad at me and want to talk it out because that is where I close my mouth. Confrontation is evil. I just don’t like the way it makes me feel.
4. Soccer is life. I will do anything to play or watch soccer. Sarah got tired of me going to my indoor soccer games about 2 years ago so I talked her into playing on a co-ed team with me. Now I still get to play!! I will watch a game on TV just because it is on. The teams don’t matter, the age doesn’t matter, just the fact that there is a soccer game on TV is enough for me. Which leads to the next one…
5. I Have Dreams about Soccer. I am currently working with my friend to open up a state of the art soccer facility in my home town of Edmond, OK. We have everything going in the right direction so far. Now is the time when we start looking for investors. (more money than I have) Never mind the fact that I will be in debt up to my ears and I will probably have to work more hours than I am working now. I don’t care because I will finally be able to leave behind the corporate crap and work for myself and promote soccer. Could life get any better?!?
6. My Wife and Kids mean everything to me. With out Sarah by my side life would lose its luster. It’s nice to go home every night to a happy, joyful, clean and loving home. Only Sarah could make our home such a joyful place. I love all of her little quirks that I so frequently find, (even though she hates it when I point them out, but since there is a captive audience here goes), like Sarah saying “all of the suddenly”, or the way she paints my legs with her toes every night but gets upset if I do it to her. Or, when I make fun of the mistaken words that come out of her mouth, the list could go on a lot longer but I don’t want to get scorned tonight. My life would not have meaning with out Sarah. She makes me a better person. Then there is Brenna, I can’t even start to describe the amount of joy she brings to my life. The way she cuddles with me when I read to her and the way she gets excited when I walk through the door, she reminds me of a puppy dog waiting for its owner to come home. And then there is Cannon, my little chunk! He is getting bigger by the day and I am so excited to start playing soccer with him. I hope I don’t make him hate it. I can’t believe how lucky I am to have the Family that I have.
So I did it now everyone who has read this is tagged so hop to it and write some stuff.
1. Corporate America and I don’t play well. I have been out of college now for 3 years and in that time I have worked for 5 different companies. Sitting in an office space and acting like things are interesting to me is unpleasant. Don’t get me wrong I get my work done, but I do it with little effort because I know that the reward at the end of the project is … another boring project.
2. I am still a kid at heart. There is still nothing more fun for me to do then play sports and be out on the town or visiting friends. I am always ready for the next exciting adventure. I love to use my free time playing dumb video games (that’s probably why Sarah hasn’t gotten me a Wii yet). I am like one of the young men at church every Wednesday night. They always come to me to tell me stories and laugh about things that they have done because they say I'm not a “Real Young Men’s Leader”
3. I am more outgoing in groups. This one drives Sarah crazy because I am a different person when we are in public settings. She says she like being out in public with me because I will actually talk to her. Things are always more fun when there is a group of people and or a captive audience. I love to make people laugh and feel good. I am a people pleaser. Just don’t put me in situations where people would get mad at me and want to talk it out because that is where I close my mouth. Confrontation is evil. I just don’t like the way it makes me feel.
4. Soccer is life. I will do anything to play or watch soccer. Sarah got tired of me going to my indoor soccer games about 2 years ago so I talked her into playing on a co-ed team with me. Now I still get to play!! I will watch a game on TV just because it is on. The teams don’t matter, the age doesn’t matter, just the fact that there is a soccer game on TV is enough for me. Which leads to the next one…
5. I Have Dreams about Soccer. I am currently working with my friend to open up a state of the art soccer facility in my home town of Edmond, OK. We have everything going in the right direction so far. Now is the time when we start looking for investors. (more money than I have) Never mind the fact that I will be in debt up to my ears and I will probably have to work more hours than I am working now. I don’t care because I will finally be able to leave behind the corporate crap and work for myself and promote soccer. Could life get any better?!?
6. My Wife and Kids mean everything to me. With out Sarah by my side life would lose its luster. It’s nice to go home every night to a happy, joyful, clean and loving home. Only Sarah could make our home such a joyful place. I love all of her little quirks that I so frequently find, (even though she hates it when I point them out, but since there is a captive audience here goes), like Sarah saying “all of the suddenly”, or the way she paints my legs with her toes every night but gets upset if I do it to her. Or, when I make fun of the mistaken words that come out of her mouth, the list could go on a lot longer but I don’t want to get scorned tonight. My life would not have meaning with out Sarah. She makes me a better person. Then there is Brenna, I can’t even start to describe the amount of joy she brings to my life. The way she cuddles with me when I read to her and the way she gets excited when I walk through the door, she reminds me of a puppy dog waiting for its owner to come home. And then there is Cannon, my little chunk! He is getting bigger by the day and I am so excited to start playing soccer with him. I hope I don’t make him hate it. I can’t believe how lucky I am to have the Family that I have.
So I did it now everyone who has read this is tagged so hop to it and write some stuff.
1 comment:
Ryan-
Great post! I learned something about you. You like to play soccer? lol. Keep going with the soccer complex. My feelings are best expressed through the movie Cinderella (Ava's favorite right now)when the fairy Godmother says to Cinderella "Dreams do come true!" Yours will too --Mary Katherine G.
Post a Comment