We got to spend 3 days with my grand parents in Las Vegas! It was my favorite part of the trip. The first night, I just took Brenna and went with my parents over for dinner. Ryan stayed at the condos with an exhausted Cannon and Brooklyn for an early dinner and bedtime. Which I think was a great call! We got a quiet evening, visiting and eating a delicious meal with my parents and grandparents. The next night, we brought all of the kids over to visit.
Thank goodness Grandma had a basket of toys! Cannon and Brooklyn did grant us some quiet time while they played with new toys. And thank goodness for their outdoor swing, and perfect weather for the kids, including Ryan, to swing. And pull funny faces!
These handsome men make me so happy! Do you see some family resemblence???
Four generation photo. Priceless.
I love the whole family shot below. I couldn't convince my Grandma to get in front of the camera with me, and I didn't force her! I do wish I had a picture with her (HINT HINT GRANDMA WHO READS MY BLOG!!!) But trust me, I know what its like when getting in on a picture is the last thing you want to do, and someone forces you. Soooo... I didn't force.
And finally, my favorite picture.
I was a little concerned that Cannon's intense enthusiasm for life would wear out my grandparents. He didn't ever hesitate jumping on my dad, wrapping his arms around his neck, and hanging on him like he was a monkey. I had a sit down with Cannon before going over to see his great-grandpa. I told him he had to be more gentle with Grandpa. He couldn't jump on Grandpa. And please, PLEASE, don't yell at their house! I held my breath, and Cannon came through. More than I could have hoped for. He was so quite, and calm, and gentle. He would hold my Grandpa's hand as he walked around the house. At one point, my grandpa went back to his room to massage his feet, Cannon had to ask every single person "Where's Grandpa???" We showed him back to where Grandpa was resting, and he went and sat next to him quietly. It warmed my heart. I loved spending time with them, and so did my kids!
1 comment:
Oh, these pictures are treasures! How sweet of Cannon to be so gentle and mature about it all. I miss you all so much!!
Post a Comment