Cannon my Egg Head.
Cannon hunting for Easter eggs.
Brenna stretching for Easter eggs.
Brooklyn working hard to fill her basket of Easter eggs!
The only picture of all three looking and (half-heartedly) smiling at the camera.
Brooklyn looked so adorable in her dress. And she did have shoes on before Church, and half way through, she decided to go barefoot. With a busy day at Church, I didn't protest.
Brenna had a first today. It was a Testimony Meeting at Church, where those who felt compelled to share their thoughts, feelings, testimonies, voluntarily share them in front of the entire congregation. Brenna was one of those today. She bore her testimony of our Savior, His Church on the earth, and His prophet, President Monson. I was SO proud of her, and that she decided to all on her own.
Cannon also spoke to a congregation... of young kids! He gave his first talk in Primary. It was on how Jesus Christ is our perfect example. He did a great job reciting what Dad was whispering in his ear. Although less authentic, I was still proud of how he composed himself and spoke clearly in the microphone!
Once home, we took naps, and then dyed eggs. I first let the kids use a white crayon to make a hidden design, then splashed vinegar on them, and dropped and shook food coloring over them to get the tie-dye effect. The kids loved this! And I loved that each egg was different.
Top 3 are Cannons, then the pink/purple ones are Brooklyn's, and then Brenna's are the bottom three.
For dinner, we "ate with Jesus". Sort of! I couldn't stomach making unleavened bread though! I gotta have some yeast. We grilled some fish, asparagus, ate fruit and rolls. We also decided to dine on the floor, just as they did in Jesus' time. And in a last minute flash of genius (or remembering what friends have done on Christmas Eve), I collected some candles, and lit them. We turned out all the lights, put some of the Mormon New Testament videos on our TV, and "ate with Jesus". The kids were much more reverent, and I think ate a better meal than they usually do. It was a perfect end to a great weekend. Happy Easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment