Don't distract me while I'm on the treadmill! I was walking on the treadmill, at our local Gold's Gym, in their theater room. Watching Contagion. Which was a little disturbing, putting my hands all over a device that I didn't sanitize. Anyhoo, I got a phone call from Ryan and quickly hopped off the machine so as to not disturb the other exercisers with my conversation. After our short conversation, I made my way back into the darkened room, found my treadmill and stepped back on, quickly realizing that I never stopped it. My right shin first smacked the edge of the rolling tread, then my left. Miraculously in that mili-second, I was able to catch myself on the hand rails before my face fell flat!
The entire room turned to ask if I was ok, and I just laughed! I kept walking, although my legs were on fire. But my pride kept me there to finish out my workout. Really, the damage was MUCH less than I anticipated! Thank goodness. A funny moment to look back on!!
No comments:
Post a Comment