Thursday, February 16, 2012

Patience with the Picky

Brooklyn has been a pretty good patient. Her energy level is close to normal. Her desire to keep up with what brother and sister are doing is high. She does a great job taking her medication, and letting me put drops in her ears. My BIGGEST frustration has been her persistent pickiness in eating and drinking. For example, in the past hour, she has asked for the following: (and I have done the necessary opening of the package or cooking or preparing)

Purple popsicle
Apple juice
Oatmeal
Popcorn
Red popsicle
Honeycomb's cereal with milk
Ritz crackers
Cold milk
Applesauce
Soft Otameal Cookie
Orange popsicle
Yogurt
Warm milk

I know she is indecisive because she wants to eat and drink, but it doesn't feel good to eat and drink. She is trying to eat, but is not enjoying the experience. And I'm not either! Poor thing, I'm trying to be patient with her, but it is exhausting trying to please the unpleasable! I just need to be patient...

No comments: