SURPRISE!!!
Your wife planned your surprise birthday party for your 31st birthday in 2 DAYS!!! Thanks to the help of some friends the Merkleys, we threw together a great celebration. We took him to dinner at a local mexican restaurant (which proved to be a disaster because our waitress took one hour to get us our food, and another hour to get us our bill! It was soooo frustrating. We arrived at the party an hour later than planned, and people had already had to leave.) Then proposed the idea of heading to the Merkley's batting cages, which Ryan hadn't seen yet.
But when we walked into Merkley's Driving School, which had been transformed into Party (and dance) Central, Ryan was genuinely surprised to see his co-workers and friends there to shout SURPRISE!!! I can't believe I surprised him, he always ruins surprises!
I had prepared a huge spread of red velvet and chocolate cupcakes, chocolate mint brownies, a chocolate fountain with fruit and goodies, and a spread of dips: cheese, bean queso, guacamole, salsa, etc. We also set up our XBox Kinect to have dance competitions. This provided much of the entertainment! I also had set up Ryan's photo albulms of his childhood and mission, along with pictures of him as added decor.
Ryan, of course, was the first up to dance! He challenged his co-worker, Steve, who showed his serious competitive side when he pulled up his hoodie and flashed his Timberland work boots. It was hilarious!
Of course, I owned the dance floor. Haven't been beaten yet! Who wants to take me on!?!?

Of course, there were spectators...or hecklers! There were those who were not comfortable with their dancing skills, who sat on the sidelines. You may have put us off this time Brays, but we will get you to dance some time in the future! :)
We also spent time in the Merkley's Batting Cage. From what I saw, the girls had a better showing than the guys! Expect for the one guy who nailed Merkley in the head with a fly ball!
For his actual birthday, we went out to dinner at a local restaurant, and saw the movie "The Adjustment Bureau". We had a great meal, and enjoyed the movie. (Much different than what we expected, but still enjoyable. Probably a rental.)Then Sunday, we had the traditional Bushman family dinner at Heathers. Where we also celebrated Leif's 4th birthday! I had our friend Rachael (who is only 15 years old) make us another one of her famous cakes.
If you don't remember, she also made Cannon's birthday cake. 


No comments:
Post a Comment