Thursday, January 20, 2011

An Absolutely Fun-filled Monday

We spent the last Monday travelling to Dallas in an RV with two other couples for a good friends birthday. We watched a movie, played card games, and laughed a lot! We went to Dallas to celebrate with other Dallas residing friends at The Main Event. We left our kids with a babysitter for half the day and with Ryan's generous mom for the evening shift. With the kids at home, we were carefree for a day and had a BLAST!
The Main Event had A LOT of great activities. They had bowling, a ropes course, laser tag, lots of video games, and delicious food. I think my favorite was the laser tag! We were the Red Team, and everyone in our group are HUGE OU fans, so our group leader Scott yelled, "Boomer!" and we all replied "SOONER!!!" Ohhhh, I loved getting the quick glares from the Texans. On their turf. Hahaha, it was great! And we whooped them in laser tag both times! I took this picture right before we went in, I don't know if it was the fog machine or Ryan's aura! But he is glowing!

One of my other favorite activities was the ropes course. Although I am terrified of heights, I forced myself up there and enjoyed climbing around. My hands were killing me at the end of it, because I was white-knuckle grasping all of the helps throughout the course. Ryan flew through it, but was still encouraging me along!

Here we are in our gear before going up. It was such a FUN day, and we definitely needed some time together to just play and relax. We left Dallas around 10:30pm, and because we were in the RV, we could sleep on the drive home...except for the driver, sorry!

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

What a handsome couple. You looked like you were having too much fun. Good for you. Ryan's mom is one great lady.
Sarah's mom

Tori Orgill said...

how fun!! i am glad that you had a good time!!

Arthur V. / Gene D. W. said...

It looks like a fun outing.

Idaho Bushmans said...

dont know if its your make up sarah but you look real pretty in that picture.