Monday, July 12, 2010

Family Pictures











"In addition, we [Walmart Photo Centers] will not copy a photograph that appears to have been taken by a professional photographer or studio, even if it is not marked with any sort of copyright, unless we are presented with a signed Copyright Release from the photographer or studio."
I would agree that these pictures appear to be taken by a professional. With a professional type camera. With a professional type eye for detail. With a professional editing process. But she isn't a professional! Wendy, my sister-in-law, took these pictures of us in her backyard while we were visiting them in May. I tried to get them printed off at WalMart, had already paid, and then she wouldn't give them to me. She was holding them hostage until I returned a signed "copyright release". This has happened in the past with our good friend Ashley who has taken many picture sessions with us. In the end, I left empty handed. I called back a couple hours later, and a more "relaxed" worker said that the lady who was a stickler gets off work at 5pm and I can come pick them up then. Problem solved! I can't wait to get these beauties on display! It was all worth it in the end.

3 comments:

Daisha said...

They are very cute pictures. The photo places have got to relax about printing photos. So many people have the nice cameras these days (or jus know how to take pics) and they aren't professionals!

Idaho Bushmans said...

Those are cute. Yes a little like Tanner.

Rachel and Todd said...

Wendy did such a great job!!