Cannon could spend all of his time in our backyard. Cold or hot. Rainy or sunny. He loves being outdoors. So does Brenna. But their time is spent very differently. Brenna will pick "flowers" (really weeds) or make "grass salads". She might get a few specks of dirt on her hands, only transferred from the microscopic amounts on the plant life. Cannon on the other hand, attracts dirt. He immediately finds the muddiest part of our yard, and digs in with his hands, feet and mouth (yes, mouth!) as his gardening tools. I've wondered if he is mineral deprived, because he enjoys sampling our dirt. And not only does he attract dirt, he omits the sweetest smelling sweat! I love waking him up from naps, because like his dad, he sweats buckets when he sleeps. But in polar opposition to his dad, Cannon's sweat smells yummy to me! And when he spends countless time outdoors, he comes inside sticky with sweat. I've already decided during the summer we will most likely have to do a pre-nap hose down outside, and a pre-bed time bath. Possibly more imbetween! But this is one thing I am loving about having a little boy.
6 comments:
My boys bathe 2-3 times a day in the summer. Once to get the syrup off their hands and also to start their day. And definitely once before bed. And sometimes inbetween!!! It's totally worth it to let them really play and "get their hands dirty." haha!
Oh, i didn't finish my sentence... that should say once to get the syrup off their hands after breakfast!
I always say the dirtier they are the more fun they had! Sounds like you guys have quite a summer ahead of you. We need to get Cannon and Brayden together and set them free in the backyard!
so my husband turns you on? :)
Cannon reminds me alot of Josh. It is fun to watch you go through the same things I am with Josh.
P.S. I vote for pictures of you--pregnant! :)
Post a Comment