
Who knows why I am sitting down at my computer, with only 40 minutes left (and counting) till my first piano lesson arrives, and my house is a disaster! Cannon is down for a nap, Brenna occupied with the latest dress-up and coloring book, the new puppy asleep in the middle of our floor, and I am blogging? I don't have exciting news to report or a funny story to share. Just thinking out loud...wait, putting my thoughts into the internet void. It doesn't make sense. Yet, I will continue!
I am a happy busy person. I have always kept my plate full, and enjoy most everything I am involved in. However, my kryptonite is being a perfectionist. I like having things just right, or the way I see "right". And in being pulled in so many directions, I never feel like anything is ever done "just right". In most cases, instead of being done perfectly, they are just done. Sometimes, only half done. One Sunday while making the 30 minute drive to Church, I realized I put deoderant on under one armpit! I tried throughout the meetings, to keep most people on the fresher side!
I am learning to let go, and it is a slow process. I assume that in a few months, having three kids, two in diapers, will force me to accept mediocrity in some things. To just let go. But for now...I have now 30 minutes to clean up the living room that has now become the toy room, put the rest of my groceries away, sweep up the kitchen floor which was dusted with smashed Cheez-itz, brush my hair, get dinner started, give the dog her potty break, do I need to continue? Good luck moms, I know we all need it!
6 comments:
Sarah you are AH-MAZING!! I love you even if you have a dirty house!! It makes me feel better about myself!!! ;)
I so know what you are talking about. And it seems that as soon as it is clean, I have a husband and two kids who can't keep it that way!
Yep, you're pretty awesome. I feel like I'm finally getting the hang of this mom thing, a hang enough to actually want another child . . . life just gets crazier and crazier. Sarah--did you hear Matt and Jess's good news!?!?
So how did I miss that you're prego?
It took me a long time to accept the fact the my expectations had to change every time a kid was added. I still have days when I'm frustrated I can't do it all. It's terrible to say, but it's great when you hear that someone else also has a dirty house, can't get anything done w/the kids and isn't perfect. Makes me feel better to know I'm not alone!
Oh, how I can empathize! You're amazing Sarah and great at everything you do! I love the pic you put up except isn't the baby supposed to be screaming and grabbing on to your leg?! Hope today is a little calmer for you!
Post a Comment