Friday, March 27, 2009

Leaky Faucet

My nose.



I hate my nose.



And my eyes.



And now my ears.



I hate "not-pregnancy-safe" allergy pills.



My nose is constantly running. Not just out the nostrils, but down the back of my throat.


Sleeping has been difficult. It is hard to sleep through cold liquid running from your nose down your face, towards your pillow.


My nose is a leaky faucet.


Our master bathroom also had a leaky faucet. It is a slow, but consistent drip. Late Friday night, after a loooonnnggg and very busy day, I was finishing up final touches on projects for the Primary Activity the following morning. Ryan, aka "Mr. Fix-It" decided to tackle this leaky faucet. With his handy-dandy wrench and tools, he twisted and turned knobs and valves, until finally....



There was "Old Faithful" in the middle of our bathroom. One of the handles had broken off, and was now spraying water everywhere. I rushed almost a dozen towels to the bathroom, tried to dam the doorway, so the now rushing water would spare our carpets. Ryan raced outside (without his flashlight or wrench, which meant he had to run back inside for his tools) to turn off the water to our house. I tried to slow down this firehose pressure, which was in vain. Finally the water stopped, but now my entire bathroom was soaked, and I was standing in about an inch and a half of water on our floor. Needless to say, after a dozen drenched towels, evacuating all our toiletries from a flooded cabinet beneath, wiping down everything in the bathroom, a trip to Wal-Mart to buy a new seal for the handle, and a new warm and dry change of clothes...


We slipped into bed around 2am, where my other faucet started to drip. My nose. I don't know which is more irritating.


(Side note: This was written several weeks ago, and I am just now uploading pictures to our computer! Slacker.)

4 comments:

Waggoner Family said...

What allergy pills do you take? My dr. told me I could take Claritin D 24 hr. and it was safe. I have been on it nonstop since 2005!

Idaho Bushmans said...

Nice that Ryan is able to fix one of the faucets. Todd had to fix our toilet the other day, thank goodness I was gone.

Tanis said...

when that happens to me (the nose not the faucet) i stuff kleenex up it. its not attractive in the least bit but at least i can sleep because if i can feel even the slightest dribble in my nose at night i cant sleep a wink!

okbushmans said...

I am doing MUCH better, now that the tree season has died down. And I've been taking Zyrtec. But our bathroom now needs the attention!