Have you ever had "just one of those days?" Yesterday was one of those. I can blame it on being sleep deprived, staying up all night with a sick baby. I can blame it on the residual irritation with Brenna's new "doo". I can blame it on being home alone with the kids all day, Ryan arriving just in time to say nightly prayers. I can even blame it on female hormones. (A big culprit right?) But I think I had just decided when I woke up, it was a bad day. I decided to get frustrated with my kids. I decided to be 'too tired' to keep things organized. I decided to resent my husband for having time away. I decided to be in a bad mood. I completely believe thinking 'wo is me' is a decision. And I know this, because nothing is different from yesterday to today, except my outlook. I still won't see Ryan until late. I still didn't get a good nights sleep. My kids haven't changed their behaviors. But today is a night and day difference from yesterday. Before I got out of bed, I decided 'today has to be a better day!' And, amazingly it has been a much better day. So get out of your pity party, and decide to have a better day!
*more Deep Thoughts from Sarah 'Jack Handy' Bushman to come!

4 comments:
Clarity is a gift. Funny how this world starts to make us fuzzy, before you know it you look in the mirror and have horns and a tail.
It happens often to me. But I sware this blogging thing has kept me grounded, accountable. You may not see me but you hear my words and the uglys still find away through if I'm having a bad day.
You are not alone and you are beautiful. Now go remove that tail. Maybe Brenna still remembers how to use the scissors.
great post. i'm going to make this day a better one ! hehe i'm cracking up at the "jack handy" part of your name :0)
You wrote about MY last two days perfectly. Exact same scenerio...sick kid, no sleep, husband gone late, tired, ornery, hormonal, irrational irritation...
And today I did the same thing. Decided it HAD to be better and it was.
Abe Lincoln once said, "Life is just about as good as you decide it to be." So true, Abe, so true.
I know exactly how you feel! I couldn't wait for Donnie to get home today! Are you all going to the Chesapeake Halloween party?
Post a Comment