Monday, December 10, 2007

Big Freeze



Oklahoma is experiencing an ice storm. Church was cancelled yesterday, Ryan didn't go to work today, and it is supposed to continue on to tomorrow. It is extremely slick, and I am amazed at how thick the ice sheet is! We've gotten about an inch of straight ice. We are lucky that we have had power throughout the storm! Hundreds of thousands (including family a mile away) have been without power at one time.
But I have to say this storm is an answer to prayers! I have been praying to spend more time with Ryan, and this gave us 48 hours of "together time"! It has been wonderful!

4 comments:

Bray said...

you are so lucky, we have had no power for the last 12 hours. It has been very cold tonight!!

Daisha said...

Stay inside and enjoy your time together. Last December we lost power for 36 hours and we put the kids to bed in hats and coats! the kdis thought it was kinda fun using the flash light and all, but it was freezing. Hope you still have power!
Daisha

Mandy said...

Hey Bushmans! Do you remember us? I found you through Swank's blog. It's fun to be able to see what old friends from Ricks are doing. I think we got engaged at the same time, and now we have kids about the same ages. Your blog is very cute, and your kids are adorable! So nice to catch up (a little) with what you are all up to! Our blog is www.partywiththepoteets.blogspot.com Take care!

Curios George's said...

Hey I need to get your address please!!