Saturday, December 29, 2007

Happy Birthday Grandpa!

My grandpa, D. Elwyn Cameron, turns 82 years old today! I wanted to wish him a very happy birthday! He is one of the most amazing men who has lived one of the fullest lives I've known. I hope my life will have as many adventures, surrounded by as many friends and family who love me, as he has! He is one of the hardest-working, determined, knowledgeable, kind, faithful, loyal, and loving man I've known. You can see it in his children, and hopefully in his grand-children.
Ryan, Me, Grandma Lucky and Grandpa at our wedding, June 21, 2002.

Brenna's blessing in Rexburg, ID December 7, 2003. Brenna absolutely loves her great-grandparents. Her favorite memory is the "pig song" that Grandpa Denton and Great-Grandpa Elwyn sing.
Visiting Edmond, OK September 2007 for Cannon's blessing.
Grandpa Elwyn and Cannon Elwin, September 16, 2007.
4 Generational Picture.
He has visited the Pyramids in Egypt, the Great Wall in China, Bethlehem with President Kimball, Machu Picchu in Peru, Australia/New Zealand, Japan, all over Europe, the Amazon in South America, the Caribbean, and more. He has served the Church on a mission, and served his country. I love him so much, and wish that we lived closer so Brenna and Cannon could grow up with their great-grandparents near. We love you, and happy birthday!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Sara!
I just stumbled across your blog! I'm so excited! I sat behind your cute parents and Rachel (& her hubby) at the old Edgemont 7th last week for the annual Christmas home ward visit!
I can't believe that your little girl is your clone!!! She is darling!
Fun to find you!
Amy (Reinwand) Dansie

Grandma C said...

Sarah, you couldn't have done anything more wonderful for your grandpa than the comments you posted about him on your blog... of course he cried. I told the other grandkids you had set the bar very high, and they would have to really work at it to say anything as touching. The best present he received on his 82nd birthday was to know he was loved by his grandchildren. Thank you Sarah... love, Grandma C.

hilary said...

i love grandpa too!!!!!!!!

Kyle Peterson said...

I'm so excited! Yeah I definitely like this blog thing way better than facebook. How did you find me? Your fam is so cute. Cannon is getting so big and chubby baby, just wanna squeeze him. hes adorable. keep in touch.

Wendy said...

OK, if he weren't my little brother I'd swear that you had married Vanilla Ice!