Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend!

Wednesday Ryan took a half day at work, and we left for the 7+ hour drive to Houston, Texas! The last hour and a half we got caught in a huge lightening storm, then buckets of rain followed us all the way to Eric and Wendy's doorstep. Thursday, we lounged, did some light cooking (because the amazing hostess that Wendy is, she pre-cooked a lot of the food for Thanksgiving dinner! Can you imagine such a genius idea!?)
The cousins had a ball playing together. Ages ranging from 9 years old to 3 years old, all played amazingly!
And somehow, Brenna fit in a bumbo! She thought the chair was perfect for her! Dinner was so yummy, and I definitely ate my weight in goodies. Because of all the yummy appetizers (ham and spinach pin-wheels, and chips and yummy dip) I didn't know if I could eat much of the dinner. But...that didn't stop me! Thank you Wendy for the great cooking! Even the left-overs (turkey crepes) were amazing!
Friday, the kids made their way to the pond to go "fishing". It is fishing in the sense that they are casting their hooks into a body of water. But it is not a surprise that no one caught anything. It didn't last too long because surprisingly, it was freezing in Houston! So we found an indoor activity, going to see "Mr. Magorium's Wonder Imporium". It was good. The kids enjoyed it, but it wasn't my favorite kid movie.
Saturday, we all got ready to go to Ikea. And Ryan, being the trend-setter that he is, influenced his big brother to faux-hawk his hair. And Cannon has a natural faux-hawk (two callics in the back of his head). But the ENTIRE family made their way to Ikea. You would think it was crazy to bring all the kids to a store, but thankfully they have a kids area. To enter you had to be over 37 inches, and under 54 inches. Brenna stepped up to the 37" line, and was barely under. And that height nazi was not going to let her in. I had immediate flashbacks to all the times when I sat outisde a roller-coaster, or theme-park ride because I wasn't tall enough. And Brenna is too young to experience that. Especially since she is 4 yrs old! So we kept insiting, made her stand taller, and finally another worker gave the OK. Phew!
Sunday was picture day! Wendy is great at taking photographs, and we made the mistake of trying to take pictures of all the kids before Church. This was the best shot I could get!
Here's the Three Musketeers, the three cousins who were born 6 months of each other. I like to call them (from right to left) small, medium and large (or super-sized!)
After staying up late playing cards, we woke up Monday, the boys played Wii, we packed, and then finally head out of Houston at 2:30pm. The drive was uneventful yet long. Ryan and I had a blast playing "20 Questions". We stuck to the people version, ranging from Victoria Beckham to Lazerus. It actually made the drive much faster. I am thankful for family, and the time we could spend with Ryan's over Thanksgiving weekend. Hopefully I can spend some time with my family soon!







7 comments:

Hansen Family said...

okay Sarah I need some of your pictures. I did not get hardly any during the whole trip. You know me and my camera apparently don't like each other.

Heather

Bray said...

So fun to see all the pics of your trip. I can't believe how big Eric and Wendy's girls are...they have grown so much. I am glad you had such a good time!!

Gale

Ashley Dickman said...

Brandt is soo... cute! What a blessing!

Curios George's said...

What a fun time

jeanine said...

Sounds like a blast! How fun!

Daisha said...

Dominic has the double callics too.

Daisha said...

Dominic has the double callics too.