Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Tagged

I have been tagged by a good friend, and so I guess I have to talk about myself... I always find it very difficult! :) Here we go, six things about me:
1. I always bite off more than I can chew. I am a joiner. I love being involved, and feeling helpful. If there is a need of a volunteer, my hand is usually first up. Which can be a great quality, when done in moderation. But I can't stop myself. I add too much to my plate, then get extremely frustrated with what "other people" need me to do and how little they're helping, get it done by the skin of my teeth, then start all over again. It's a vicious cycle.
2. I have a professional dancer trapped in my body. Don't get me wrong, I am a decent dancer and I LOVE to dance. But I love watching shows like, "So You Think You Can Dance". And while I watch I can feel my inside dancer want to break free, and sometimes I fool myself into thinking I can make it look just like them. I get up and start dancing with Brenna, then realize my body can not do what I think it can! Which leads me to my next one.
3. I love to do what I can do well. Now this sounds normal right? It's more than just that. I don't like to do things I can't exceed at. I will always try something new, and if I don't pick it up quickly, I typically give it up. I don't like people seeing my inability to do anything. The one exception is playing indoor soccer with Ryan. I'm sure I am making a fool of myself, but I have fun. And I am determined to get better at it.
4. Cleaning is therapeutic. I love to clean. If I get frustrated with anything, I start cleaning. Ryan can immediately tell when I am mad at him, because I get quiet and start cleaning or tiddying up. Even bathrooms. Possibly I love it because you see immediate results. It is the absolute worst right before I have a baby. Rachelle caught me, while pregnant with Brenna, cleaning our already clean heating vents with a q-tip! I go crazy nesting!
5. Fall is my favorite. My favorite season is Fall. I love the leaves, the weather, the comfort food that is now ok to eat, sweaters and pants, and the smell of crisp autumn air. (Sounded almost poetic right?) I love the big three holidays: Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Just thinking about it all, gets me very excited! Hooray it is Fall!
6. I am head-over-heels in love with Ryan! Now I hope this doesn't surprise you! I should love my husband. But I still feel like a silly sophamore in college who can't wait for her boyfriend to come home from work so we can make-out! (Too much info, sorry) He is my absolute favorite person to be around. And I dare say, one of my favorite things about Brenna and Cannon is how much they remind me of Ryan. I've even heard people comment on how silly it is how much I talk to him while he's at work, or how we like to do everything together. But I don't care, I love him! (Flash back to the puppy love in college).

Ok, since Rachelle and Sheena have already been tagged, my 6 are: Ashley D, Gale, Brooke B, Daisha, Brie and my hubby Ryan! We'll see if he actually does it.

6 comments:

Rachelle said...

I love you! You're so great, thanks for being a good sport! Have an AWESOME day!

Shawna said...

Sarah, it was cool reading your six things because every single one of those could apply to me, word for word. When I took a jazz dance class at BYU I seriously was considering minoring in dance, even!

Ashley Dickman said...

we all know that my husband talks to your husband more than you do during the day! ;) sad, but true!

Bray said...

I so agree with #1....you save my life on many occasions but you do so much I think your little back will break. I can't tell you how much I appreciate you!! I hope you know that.

Robyn said...

Did you know that I am a professional dancer trapped in my body, too?? One more thing we have in common. I promise I am really good but my family disagrees.

What a fun list about you!

sheena said...

I have a pro-dancer in my body too....and she sometimes leads me to make a fool of myself!!

I get to go to the SYTYCD tour next month......I'm so excited!!!!