So, today my mother-in-law sweetly offered to take Brenna so I could go to a birthday lunch and run errunds with only one. I desperately need a pair of "post-partum and pre-normal weight" jeans, so I ran to Old Navy. Upon entering the store Cannon stirred. I quickly grabbed a cart and threw some pants in. By the time I made it to the dressing room, he was screaming. I locked myself in the dressing room and instead of trying on the jeans (which would probably depress me more seeing that they don't fit the right way) I started nursing him. Even though I nursed him about 45 minutes before. Anyhoo... the feeding didn't help. I think he inherited his father's "I'm too frugal to buy a new pair of pants more than every couple years" gene, and was trying to stop me from spending money. And he succeeded. I finally gave in, strapped him in his car-seat while he proceeded to scream out his lungs, and exit the dressing room. The college age worker asked "Did those work for you?" With all the strength I could muster, I suppressed an extremely sarcastic response, and simply said "Didn't try them on. Thank you" and raced out the doors. And of course once we got out into the sun light and into the car, he fell asleep. Yup, it was the Bushman penny-pincher genes that got in my way of getting new jeans.Thursday, September 27, 2007
No pants today...
So, today my mother-in-law sweetly offered to take Brenna so I could go to a birthday lunch and run errunds with only one. I desperately need a pair of "post-partum and pre-normal weight" jeans, so I ran to Old Navy. Upon entering the store Cannon stirred. I quickly grabbed a cart and threw some pants in. By the time I made it to the dressing room, he was screaming. I locked myself in the dressing room and instead of trying on the jeans (which would probably depress me more seeing that they don't fit the right way) I started nursing him. Even though I nursed him about 45 minutes before. Anyhoo... the feeding didn't help. I think he inherited his father's "I'm too frugal to buy a new pair of pants more than every couple years" gene, and was trying to stop me from spending money. And he succeeded. I finally gave in, strapped him in his car-seat while he proceeded to scream out his lungs, and exit the dressing room. The college age worker asked "Did those work for you?" With all the strength I could muster, I suppressed an extremely sarcastic response, and simply said "Didn't try them on. Thank you" and raced out the doors. And of course once we got out into the sun light and into the car, he fell asleep. Yup, it was the Bushman penny-pincher genes that got in my way of getting new jeans.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
HAHA...okay you're funny! I am so sorry you didn't get your jeans. On Saturday go to the mall by yourself and buy some fun stuff!
Don't be too sure that it was the Bushman genes. The Shanley gene is also prone to avoid spending money. As the family CFO, all purchase requests must be submitted in triplicate and go through a rigorous approval process. I'm so mean :)
Post a Comment