Thursday, November 22, 2012

Election Day

 
 
I have always made it a point to bring all of my kids with me to vote. We arrived at my polling place around 7:15am, and there was a line out of the door! Thankfully the Church that it was at, had an outdoor playground the kids could play on. When we were further along in the line, and actually made it inside, I tried playing a few games with them. One was 20 questions. So I would say, "I'm thinking of something and I want you to guess what it is..." Cannon's only guess was "Mitt Romney!" It cracked me up, and the people standing around me too. Once I finally made it into the voting booth, I showed the kids the ballot, what each part meant, and then had them help me put the ballot in the machine. We all got stickers!
 
 
 
And to say I was disappointed by the election results is a HUGE understatement. I was in shock. I couldn't believe that the majority of Americans, with such stark choices, would not choose Mitt Romney. It doesn't make sense to me that a President with such a bad record could get re-elected. But I guess I'm in the minority now, and our country got what we deserve.

No comments: