With Brooklyn's recovery lasting a week and a half, then Cannon getting strep throat, we were hunkered down at home for too long! So I decided to put some use to our free time. Cannon practiced writing his letters, we had play dough time, painting time, and even a few "crafts". Here they are making froot loop necklaces!
Once back at work/school, my class was having a unit on "Nuts about Nutrition"! We talked about healthy food, painted with broccoli and carved potatoes, and tasted a lot of new "healthy" food. For Family Home Evening this past week, I decided to try it on my family. So FHE became "Family's Healthy Eating".
Here was the spread! And the menu is below. Each person had a menu, and if they tried something, they received a star. If they tried everything, they would get a "healthy treat" (A fruit smoothie!) Even dad had to participate. So we had: steak, califlower, edamame, peppers, peanut butter and celery, and cottage cheese. I was trying to think of things that the kids hadn't really tried. It went .... ok! At least they branched out and tried some new things!
No comments:
Post a Comment