Thursday, February 11, 2010

Valentines came early

So, my husband is the best. He surprised me by taking a half day off of work yesterday. His mom had been scheduled to watch the kids for weeks. We left the home around 1:00pm. We ran a few errunds before going to see "Dear John". I enjoyed the movie. It was a different kind of chick-flick, but I really liked it.
After that, we went shopping. I am not a fan of shopping, especially with the kids. But this was relaxing, enjoyable, and even fun! I was looking for swimsuits for the cruise (kinda depressing!) shoes and jewelry. We went into all the stores I avoid, because they are not kid friendly. But I realized I don't like shopping because I hate spending money. It is painful! Especially if it is on me! But he forced me. After shopping, we went to P.F. Changs. We have been planning this moment since we started the HCG diet at the beginning of January. We haven't indulged in a very long time. We even prepped by taking "carb-blockers" to hopefully help this splurge from ruining our hard work!

The food tasted better than I ever remembered! We ordered the Crab Wontons for an appetizer. I had the honey crispy chicken, and Ryan had the mongolian beef. Our awesome waiter gave us teh shrimp lo mein on the house! I think he could tell how much we were really really enjoying ourselves! And then, as the finale, we ordered the Great Wall of Chocolate. Six layers of chocolate cake, with creamy chocolate frosting imbetween each layer, and drizzled with raspberry sauce and topped with fresh fruit. Ahhhh...... We asked for extra sauce! It was mouthwateringly delicious! And the sad part was, we couldn't finish it! I guess that is a good sign.
But this was one of the BEST of our 8 valentines days together. I love him, and that he still wants to surprise me! Such a great day.


4 comments:

danette said...

Why are you on the hcg diet for. I heard it works well.

It looks like it was a lot of fun.

Danette

Idaho Bushmans said...

Good for you guys. You'll have to tell me about the movie.

Arthur V. / Gene D. W. said...

nice you enjoyed some quiet time.

Yates Family said...

The HCG diet is rough! I did it last year! FABULOUS results but the hardest thing I have ever done! You totally deserve to indulge after that! Sounds like a great date! Way to go Ryan!