Sunday, December 13, 2009

Last Thursday evening we visited Santa at our local mall. He has been there for several years, and is amazing. I was shocked how comfortable Cannon was, Brenna was a little nervous but did great! I guess afterwards, Santa told Ryan that he might be dropping something off tonight. Sure enough, underneath the tree was a present wrapped up...
The Elf on the Shelf! This is an elf, on loan, to help report back to Santa how the kids are behaving. Every night he leaves to the North Pole, and in the morning, he is found somewhere else around the house. The only rule is that you can't touch him, because he will lose his magical powers and have to return to Santa. So far the kids have done great with it. Brenna is very bright, and asks skeptical and inquisitive questions. So far, we've handled them all well! It comes with a great book, explaining the Elf (whom our kids have named Buddy). And the Elf, itself! I love starting our own family Christmas traditions!

6 comments:

Ashley Dickman said...

we started that this year too... SO CUTE! Dan's mom has done it for awhile now, but it's nice to have in our own home!

Tori Orgill said...

where do you get it??

srbushman said...

From SANTA, of course. But I think he found it at Barnes and Noble!

Red Tent Artist said...

Is a part of it that the elf must leave a gift every night?? That is what I heard and I thought, great another reason to make me spend more money!! From this post, I am rethinking.

Wendy said...

hey this is Cecily we have one too!!!Its name is Scout and we have had him for three days so much fun!!!!!

Alona said...

One of my students had one of these. She was telling me about it and I thought it was hilarious! I love your family picture for your header, by the way!