Tuesday, August 7, 2007

I SAW MATT DAMON!!!!

Matt Damon was in Oklahoma City promoting the Bourne Ultimatum, and raising money for a Children's Hospital. The little 13-year-old girl who goes ga-ga over pull out posters in Teen Beat magazine of her favorite hunk, came through when I insisted on making the trek to the downtown theater to see Matt. Ryan and Brenna tagged along, mostly to make fun of me.
We spent the first part of our stalking outside the front of the theater, missing his grand entrance into the side-door! But we finally made our way to the side entrance where all of the guarded cars, tv news crews, and 13 year old screaming girls had staked out the best 'Matt-viewing' position. Our first 'Matt-viewing' position was sadly next to a large dumpster which reeked of sour milk and rotten produce. I could only endure so much torture to see Matt Damon. So we decided to quickly move to a new location, placing us right next to the epitome of pint-sized star stalker. She was a 13-year-old girl, with a retainer (and accompaning lisp) who had attempted to get a closer look by purchasing another movie ticket, sneak into where Matt was, and promptly get escorted out of the theater. She gave us the most current 'Matt news', and then we both turned our attention to the door. He made his grand exit, waving to the fans, smiling grandly, and escorting his wife and mom to their SUV. The police moved the large Oklahoma crowd of about 20 people to the side, to let his parade of cars exit. And that was it! It was one of the most hilarious and crazy things I've done in a long time! And I'm so glad I had 2 partners in crime, Ryan and Brenna.

7 comments:

Rachelle said...

He is pretty good looking! I'm glad you went to see him - that's awesome!

Daisha said...

You crack me up Sarah- it really did sound fun! Was he as good looking in person as on tv? By the way you look absolutely adorable pregnant and long hair is awesome! When is your due date again?
Love, Daisha

Ashley Dickman said...

ew i want your body, ew i think you're sexy, ew you really turn me on! (not you, matty boy!)

sheena said...

Oh wow--did YOU actually take that pic?? You were THAT close to him??! The story of the girl with the lisp kills me--I hope you got her number so she can be your #1 source for celebrity gossip!!

hilary said...

NO WAY! lucky!
P.S. This is your cousin Hilary

hilary said...

The way I found your blog was that you sent an email to my mom and the blog address was on it so she put it on our favorites and that pretty much explains it. I have looked at it a lot, just never commented before. :^)

Brooke said...

I can't believe Rachel married Todd Freestone! That is awesome, tell them congrats!!! I also can't believe you saw Matt Damon, how cool is that?