(Here we are ready to go in for the c-section!)
After literally about 10 attempts at doing a spinal (my scoliosis was proving to be a problem!) we finally got the drugs working. And no time later, Dr. Goff pulled little Cannon Elwin Bushman out. It took a spank to make him cry!
He had a hard time breathing, and they determined he had amniotic fluid in his lungs. His breathing wouldn't slow down, so they decided to take him to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU).
Before they took him to the NICU, they let us hold him briefly. Everytime he would breath, it sounded like he was "grunting". But he just seemed so sweet, and not too affected by how he felt or what was happening around him! (Just like his dad!)
The hardest part of him being in the NICU, even for such a short amount of time, was that you were restricted as to when and how you can hold him. And I was so dependent on other people to move around, there were several times I was waiting in my room to be wheeled to see him and by the time they got around to it, it would be too late. We are very blessed he was only in there a few days!
2 comments:
You are amazing! As if labor pains aren't enough--you got to have kidney stones too!
What a sweet little guy! You are such a brave mom--I don't know how I'd handle having "limited" time with my newborn those first few days. But we're so happy and thankful you're home now. Hope all is well! I love the pic of you, cannon, and brenna!
Sarah - I am so glad everything is okay and that you are now home! He really is so cute. He looks like you guys for sure. Take advantage of you mom being there. :)
Post a Comment