Monday, February 25, 2013

Day 2: Animal Kingdom

 
Thursday, we headed to The Animal Kingdom park. It was a little bit cooler, but it was a beautiful day! When you first walk in, there is a huge tree called "The Tree of Life". It was interesting to find different animals carved into the trunk.

 
 






 
My all time favorite show at all of the Disney resorts was The Lion King. The music was amazing, the crowd interaction made it even more fun, the animals were outstanding, and the performers voices were out of this world. Hands down one of my top 5 experiences on this trip.
 
 



 
After the petting zoo section, we went on the African Safari!

Hippos
 
Aligators

There were lots of giraffes!
 
I couldn't believe it, Brooklyn fell asleep on the safari! Completely out! But, I got one of my favorite pictures of the whole trip.
 
Another part that I loved about the Animal Kingdom, was the live music. If you were in "Africa", you heard native music to Africa. Cannon LOVED banging on the drums. I loved the Indian Bollywood music and dance hour. I had to join in. (And no, I'm not posting that video!)
 
 

We made the mistake of thinking that we would not be completely soaked on the Jungle River Ride. And of our entire raft, Brooklyn and I were completely, 100 % soaked, all the way through. And Day 2 was the coldest day out of all of them! Brooklyn was NOT happy at all. I took all of her clothes off, and wrapped her up in my dry jacket, and then her teeth finally stopped chattering! This also made our exit of the park even quicker. We had a FANTASTIC day at the Animal Kingdom.

No comments: