Thursday, September 24, 2009

Last Minute Baseball Game

Ryan's work has so many opportunities for free tickets for around town. I don't know if a week goes by when there isn't some kind of event we could attend. This week wasn't any different! Ryan called Tuesday and asked if I would want to go to a AAA Championship Baseball game between Durham and Memphis. Sure, why not!? It's free!


Brenna and Cannon enjoyed themselves climbing up and down our row of bleachers and the row behind us. They didn't sit still the entire time. Which was just fine, since we had plenty of room!

By the way, the weather in Oklahoma has been absolutely Fall perfection! Warm days, cool nights. All you need is a light jacket! During the game, characters would come out and perform. Cannon became obsessive about watching them, and hasn't stopped talking about the "Bird and the Ishy (fish)". While we were walking out (early, of course! I still don't know who won!) we stopped the OKC Redhawk mascot, the previously mentioned Bird. As we got closer, he kept waving and repeating "Hi Bird! Hi Bird!" So we wanted to take a picture of this excited toddler with an oversized red bird!


Kodak moment right?
We at least got a picture with one of our kids!


This was an impromptu outing, and we had a lot of fun! Especially since we didn't have to pay!

4 comments:

Daisha said...

It sounds like Ryan works for an awesome company! Free is always the best!

Rachel and Todd said...

That looks like a lot of fun! Impromptu outings are the best. I feel for Cannon; I can see why he'd be scared of that bird! :)

Arthur V. / Gene D. W. said...

GOT TO LOVE OUR CANNON...CUTE PICTURES!

Alona said...

I love the shot of Cannon crying and Ryan smiling. Classic! :)